Members can access private content by clicking here.
The benefit-risk special-interest-group is a cross-pharma and academia group of statisticians working together on statistical topics related to benefit-risk. The group is chaired by Alexander Schacht (Lilly) and co-chaired by Ian Hirsch (AstraZeneca). Further members represent Amgen, Bayer, Roche, Novartis, IRIServier, Pfizer, ICON, Astellas, Abbott, GSK, and Imperial College. The main aims of the Benefit-Risk Special Interest Group are split into 5 key areas
- To understand how best to apply Benefit-Risk Methodologies across the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- To share examples of how Benefit-Risk has been used within pharmaceutical companies, any best practices arising from them and how they can best be used from an industry perspective.
- To discuss and make recommendations on key methodological issues for example utility functions and weighting approaches.
- To share external information including new developments around Benefit-Risk including those in the literature and outputs from Benefit-Risk initiatives and to produce guidance on how best they can be used within the EFSPI arena.
- Outputs from the first 4 areas will be used to inform, educate and pass on learning for those within EFSPI and its affiliations.